Monday, February 9, 2015

HDR Photography


HDR stands for High-Dynamic-Range photography. HDR photography is when the camera captures the image you want in multiple exposure levels (how bright that is). Then, manually, or using a program, you can put the photos together to make a photo that has the darks and the lights that make it more appealing to the eye. I really like HDR photography because it makes beautiful images so much better. You could take a normal photo and some places could be over exposed or completely under exposed, but with a HDR it balances everything out in a photo.

If you want to make a HDR photo step by step, you manually make the image better with adjusting the exposure, the colors, and everything else to make it a better image with your own touch. It is completely different from automatic HDR images, in the way that you don't have as much of a personal touch to it. With the manual you can make it surrealistic or have different colors stand out, but with the automatic, it just makes it a better picture in general.

While I was making my HDR images, I really thought about how I could make it the best I ever could, even surrealistic. I wanted something that stood out, and that didn't look like everything else. I wanted my images to be original with my personal touch. With my landscape photo, I wanted something bright and colorful, so I upped the exposure and the saturation, making the colors stand out. With my "experiment" (a photo of a person) I wanted more of a darker feeling towards it, a feeling that made people think about what was happening. After I finished both of those images, I compiled them into one, and put my subject into my landscape photo. To make it have a... How would you say... A feeling that everything came together correctly. I brightened my subject up quite a bit and then added some warmth, to make it fit better to the background. Thus creating one image with both of my HDR images in it.



24 comments:

  1. Great ruler of thirds. I also like how your portrait and landscape photo go well together. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love the color of the water! It looks like a rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say, the font you used it just amazing with the photo. The Landscape is just awesome in all it's ways (O.O THE SKY IS AWESOME)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The surreality is great and the text looks really nice. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the background colors, surrealism, effects, and the words, it's all AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice rule of thirds and the text is is clear and easy to read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome work! I really like your font and I love the colors in the water!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness your colors are just stunning! This looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything in your image catches my eye, especially the colors in the water.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good job Maya everything is looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the photo landscape and the profile pic and my favret part is the final

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the landscape photo because of the great colors !! Great job on the rule of thirds and the surreality!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is really good. Just try to make him more in the rule of thirds area but good job anyways!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the photo landscape and the profile pic and my favret part is the final

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your image is definitely surreal and your cut our quality is pretty awesome. Nice custom layer effects on the text as well. I think your focal point could have been done better, nice rule of thirds.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think the Raf should've been improved, but everything else was good.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice rule of thirds. Its a really nice surreal image.The text really matches with the image.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great rules of thirds! I really like the placement of the Rafael just in the corner of the picture . The surrealism was executed really well and the water looks stunning. The word choice also compliments your photo really well!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Both images are very surreal and the text definitely pops, maybe a little too much though. Great rule of thirds though, and you refined and cut him out almost perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is definitely surreal, and it looks great! The cut-out also looks very natural, and it looks like Raf is actually in the landscape photo. I feel like this could be slightly improved by having your portrait stand out a bit more, but honestly, this is amazing the way it is. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice surrealism! I like the colors and the background is great.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good job! Great use of rule of thirds! I really like how you merged all of your colors together. Good job with refining your edges.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This picture looks really cool! I like how the words really stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Amazing! I really like how Raf is just sitting there like "Too fab for you" And the surrealism is really great! One thing that can be improved, senpai, is that you could make it look more like Raf is sitting there.

    ReplyDelete