Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Polar Panoramas






These are my two Polar Panorama example. First I got a camera and took at least 10 photos moving from left to right all vertically oriented with a 10-15% overlap, at a location with an interesting horizon line. Then in camera raw, I edited all my photos and named them correctly. Next, in photoshop I used the PhotoMerge plugin in Photoshop and resized it to a square image, the next step is rotating the image 180 degrees before applying the Polar Coordinates filter under the distort menu.

Then I had a portrait photography session to copy the feeling of being on top of the world. After editing the portrait photos, I used the Quick Selection Tool to cut out the background, refine the edges and resize the layer to fit their polar panorama perfectly. The last step was creating a shadow effect by copying, inverting and warping their portrait layer, decreasing the exposure to pure black and adjusting the opacity to around 40 or 50%.  


1 comment:

  1. I like how your second polar panorama blends in with the black background.l It looks like you are popping out into space!

    ReplyDelete