Thursday, March 12, 2015

Typography Images

Typography is the art and technique of arranging type to make written language readable and beautiful. In our case, we're using photos and text, to make it look like the text makes up the photo. It can be used to make a lasting impact by sparking interest in the viewer. You can also make the words in the photo describe the person to make it more personal. Using intriguing words can really bring in the viewer and have them see why the words are used, or just look at what words make up the photo.

My biggest challenge in the project was probably following along or Mr. Sanderl when we were actually doing the typography because he went really fast when we were creating our practice typography. I overcame this issue by looking at our tutorial that he provided me with.  The issue was quickly solved by me looking closely at the tutorial, and following closely. Another, smaller issue I had, is when we had to create a layer mask, I couldn't figure out how to paste the photo on the mask. I mean, it was an ignorant mistake, but I realized that I just wasn't really doing the right command. After going over the tutorial closely, I fixed all my mistakes.

In class, we did three typography portraits. One was an innovator, someone that made something important, and I chose the creator of google. For my second typography portrait, I took a picture of Mrs. Sandrel. The last one was me. Each one got more complex then the first, making it more difficult but also improving the overall image amazingly. My favorite has to be the me one so far, I mean not to sound conceited but I think it's going pretty well. It represents me and what I like really well and while now it looks messy, once it's finished it will look more amazing then what it already looks like. 
Mrs. Sanderl
The Creator Of Google 

Me

24 comments:

  1. This looks pretty good!
    Although we can see your words in most spots maybe just make then more clear in other spots.
    Great job altogether.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing work! I really like your color theme. I also like how most of your words are recognizable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your colors but yours words are a little hard to read. Overall good job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job Maya! Great color scheme! Maybe next time your words could be a bit more prominent. Nice finished picture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely color choices Maya. I really love how your words describes you. However, I think you either take out the polarized image or change the color of your text because it's extremely hard to see in the darker parts. Either way, the red words was arranged really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice photo Maya! I really like the color scheme! Although you could of had more shadows on your face and more highlights on your head. Other than that awesome photo and awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great job maya, the colors look great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lot of colors and that is a good thing but maybe next time you could make your words more visible and make your shadows show more but overall yu did a great job on the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the colour scheme! It's amazing, I think you colould make the words thicker so they pop out more. Overall, I love your photo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the color scheme you chose. Your words are a little hard to read, but overall nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this work and the colors on your me portrait however, if you added more highlights to give it vibrance and texture, it may have looked more detailed and realistic but overall I love you blog Maya!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the colors and the words do represent you pretty well... however, you can't see the words in some places... But overall great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good job Maya! I can read your text really well which is great. Next time I think that you could have added some more shadows to your picture but I know that was hard to do. Great color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cool, I can see your face and I can see your words and your face.
    Maybe make your words a bit bigger.
    Though your whole project is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like how your colors match each other.
    I think you could've made the text font bigger in some areas.
    I also like your background and how it looks like it has a bit of texture.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like your final great photo and also the colors are great in your photo. I would change the words to see them more. Overall is a great photo.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice colors, they blend in well with each other. Maybe next time you could make the chin area a little easier to see. Nice background colors.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's easy to tell that this is an image for you. It's hard to read some of the words in your hair, you could turn down the opacity on your posterized image. Also your color scheme is really nice and it matches your words.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great job Maya! Your colors match really well and that gives it a very finished look. I think one thing that could be improved is the amount of highlights you have on your face. Overall, I really like how visible your words are, and how well they represent you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really like how you can tell it's you! Maybe next time you could make your lips a little more out standing. Great Job though!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your words I can see them and read them clearly, but lighten up your chin a little more or darken your skin I guess I don't know this is really nice I don't know how to critque it. I can clearly tell its you great job!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This looks awesome! I wish I could see the words to stand out more (Be Gryffindor, Maya!). Other than that, it looks well done!

    ReplyDelete
  23. It's easy to tell it's you and I can see how some of the colors match your personality.
    It's a little hard to see the darker words.
    The choice in words is very well thought out. Good work Maya!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great job! I can easily see that it's you.
    maybe next, you can make some of the words more readable.
    Over-all good work... I like your choice of words.

    ReplyDelete